Have you been wondering how to maintain your high in public spaces or areas where smoking isn’t allowed? Or you’re looking to quit the whole smoking thing because of its smell and the required lighting? Look no further than CBD infused edibles.
These edibles offer a perfect alternative to smoking weed as they can be used anywhere without drawing attention. They leave no smell and most importantly, they don’t require combustion.
Due to the rising affinity of cannabis products, there’s a market saturation of different CBD products which makes getting the right CBD edible stressful. Getting the right edible may be difficult for the uninitiated, but it doesn’t have to be so. There are different types of edibles, and the right edible depends on the reason why you’re buying one. Not to worry though, we’re here again to help you make great choices when it comes to anything marijuana-related.
What Are CBD Edibles?
First, what are CBD edibles? CBD edibles are a form of cannabis products that don’t require combustion (say goodbye to your lighter) to activate their chemical components. They are easily ingested and are preferred by lots of users because there’s no smoke inhalation nor a need to carry ashtrays around. These edibles are even better tasting than other CBD products like oils and capsules, making it possible for you to enjoy your CBD with delicious taste.
There are two variants of CBD edibles, namely; the Balanced CBD/THC and the CBD-dominant. As their names suggest, the balanced CBD/THC offers equal servings of both CBD and THC. This combination helps consumers to maintain that high feeling that Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is responsible for.
The CBD-dominant edible, on the other hand, contains very little or no THC components at all. The major focus in this type of edible is on the CBD. thus it should not be expected with the highness or intoxication that is spurred by THC.
This difference is the first step in choosing the right CBD edible.
If your reason for considering these edibles is based on the highness that they give, the balanced edibles have you covered. While the CBD dominant edibles are recommended for those looking at the health benefits.
CBD edibles may come in various forms such as gummies, candies, cakes, and cookies. These forms make it easier to choose as you can go for gummies or cookies if you’re looking at comfort or you just prefer them over cakes and CBD capsules.
Where Can I Find The Best CBD Edibles?
Traditional methods of shopping involve going down to the store or shop to ask for what you need, but with CBD edibles, that is a wrong call.
First off, the attendant or store owner may not be a CBD user and thus cannot help you further than what the labels already say.
Buying CBD products online helps you to compare various products from different manufacturers at your own pace, read consumer reviews and ratings (both luxuries that physical stores may not be able to afford you). If you’re looking to buy the best CBD edibles in Canada, you should visit the edibles section of our store, Kootenay Botanicals.
Why Buy CBD Edibles Online From Kootenay Botanicals?
Yes, there are a lot of online stores out there but none gets the job done as we do. At Kootenay, our focus is on satisfying and meeting the demands of our great customers. To this effect, we only offer industry-proven and well-tested products. We even offer local delivery in Vancouver (GTA coming soon!)
Also, we improve your buying experience by allowing verified buyers to leave feedback and ratings on the products we sell. In addition to the above, we have a wide range of CBD edibles in store ranging from gummies to chocolates, candies, and beverages.
Some of our best selling CBD edibles are listed below:
- Candy: Are you a candy lover or caramel fan? Then this creamy CBD-infused caramel is for you. Produced by Twisted Extracts from pure CBD isolates, this 10mg CBD caramel helps you to cool off and relax throughout the day, and discreetly too.
- Chocolates: Available in Sativa and Indica, we have a THC chocolate chip that comes in different concentrations depending on your tolerance level. Consumers are free to choose from the Extra Strength, Triple Strength and Extreme Strength variants. Mary’s Chocolate Cookie gives you a full stone that relieves you of migraines and body pain while eating a tasty chocolate cookie.
- Capsules and Tinctures: This CBD tincture offers immediate and potent relief. It’s also solvent-free and aids metabolism without compromising the healthy benefits of CBD. It comes with a 1ml dropper which makes it easier to measure and apply dosages too.
- Beverages: If you’re the type that loves to take beverages, Mota’s Drink Mix has got you covered with their 150mg THC infused teas that are easily added to everyday beverages. Why smoke THC when you can drink it, right?
- Others: Edibles come in different types and if adding cannabis to your cooking has ever crossed your mind, the Miss Envy – Olive Oil is a must-have for you. This THC infused olive oil can be added to just about any food preparation and is GMO and additives free.
A Beginner’s Guide To Marijuana Edibles
In the process of manufacturing edibles, either one of two major ingredients is used; marijuana or CBD isolates. Edibles that are produced using the marijuana ingredient usually contain both THC and CBD, having both health benefits and the added advantage of being psychoactive (getting you high).
Edibles prepared with CBD isolates are, of course, CBD dominant and offer little to no psychoactive influences due to the low presence (or absence) of THC compounds. It’s however been shown that CBD, THC, and other cannabinoids have what is referred to as the entourage effect when combined. This means that they amplify each other and are more effective when combined as opposed to when isolated.
What Benefits Do Edibles Have?
Asides giving you a discrete high and being environment friendly, marijuana edibles offer lots of other benefits, particularly in the health and wellness areas. Some of the major contributions of marijuana-infused edibles in the health sector include:
- Immune Support: CBD products offer a huge boost to the immune system. In fact, it’s been discovered that the body produces endocannabinoids in response to immune-suppressing diseases like HIV, Hepatitis, and the Ebola virus. Owing to this discovery in the 1990s, CBD has been used in treating patients with the above diseases and other infections. The results of these studies show that CBD has anti-inflammatory properties that help to increase recovery speed even from minor illnesses.
- Muscle Recovery: Due to the anti-inflammatory properties inherent in CBD, it helps to combat inflammation which could lead to damaged muscles and doubles as a pain reliever which enhances the post-injury and rehabilitation phase. CBD thus helps the recovery process by alleviating pain, reducing muscle tension, as well as serving as a stimulus for sleep and muscle repair.
- Relaxation And Anxiety Relief: While it’s true that CBD is not psychoactive, medical research has shown that it helps with reducing anxiety and aids relaxation. This is attributed to CBD’s activation of serotonin receptors which help to alleviate anxiety. CBD is also thought to induce neural regeneration that helps combat chronic stress and induces relaxation.
What Are The Regulations Of THC Edibles In Canada?
A question most edible users want to be answered is that of legality. Consumers and sellers of THC edibles want to be sure that they aren’t breaking laws or committing a felony by storing, selling or purchasing them. Before October 2019, the legality of THC edibles was clothed in much confusion as the Food and Drugs Act didn’t explicitly state its stance on it.
However, with the coming into force of the amended Cannabis Regulations in 2019, it’s now settled that THC edibles may be legally sold and purchased in Canada. In addition to the Cannabis Regulations, we also have the Cannabis Act which operates jointly with the regulations to oversee the production, distribution and sale of cannabis edibles in Canada.
The Act and its accompanying regulations make it mandatory to register with Health Canada for issuance of a licence to legally produce and sell cannabis edibles. The Act and Regulations jointly prohibit any production or sale of cannabis edibles without authorization under the Cannabis Act.
What Will The Impact Of Legal Weed Edibles Be In Canada?
The impact of legal authorization and control of the sale of cannabis edibles is sure to have a significant impact on the consumers as well as the market. This is because the Cannabis Act prohibits the production and sale of cannabis edibles with authorization from Health Canada.
The Act also makes quality recommendations such as restrictions on the presence of harmful content, packaging and labeling requirements, optimal and hygienic production practices as well as limiting THC content. All of these recommendations and guidelines have to be adhered to by license holders or seekers who seek to venture into the production and sale of cannabis edibles.
These provisions and requirements make it easier for the government to protect consumers from counterfeit products that may harm their health. The issuance of licenses to manufacturers and sellers also helps consumers to identify products that meet the safety requirement of Health Canada. The legalization of the sale of cannabis edibles in Canada will thus have the effect of bringing sanity and safety protocols to the cannabis market. We agree that these regulations help to limit the possible health and economic deficiencies that may have resulted from leaving the weed edibles market uncontrolled.
Edibles Dosage Recommendation
Cannabis edibles are nothing different from food products and medicine (except for the cannabis components of course). While they have pleasant effects on the body after being ingested, going over the required or recommended dosage can often cause severe or unpleasant symptoms. As a result, it’s imperative to ensure that your consumption of cannabis edibles isn’t above the recommended dosage.
Of course, there is no one size fits all approach when it comes to edible dosage as some individuals have a higher tolerance rate than others, or are looking for a certain type of experience.
Nevertheless, following these simple guidelines and recommendations may help you to figure out what dosage is right for you.
It’s advisable for first-time users of cannabis edibles to stick within the 1.5 – 2.5 mg range so they can get a hang of it and measure their body’s reaction. Those with stronger pain conditions or anxiety problems may take between 2.5 – 15 mg for more effective relief and good sleep. Only high tolerance THC consumers or those with chronic health conditions should look further than the 30mg cannabis edibles as it can have really unpleasant side effects.
Edibles Dosage Warnings
It’s not uncommon to have consumers overdose on cannabis edibles due to their flavoured taste or the time it takes for the effects to kick in. However, it should be noted that cannabis edibles usually take a period of between 1 to 4 hours to fully kick in.
This means that you should avoid stacking up on dosage because you haven’t felt the effect of the edible you just had. Where you feel the edible is taking too much time to set in, you may consume fruits, such as an apple, to increase your absorption and digestion rate.
Always bear in mind that an overdose of cannabis edibles could lead to increased heart rates, nausea and vomiting, distorted vision and coordination among others.
When picking cannabis edibles, let the reason for use or the intended experience guide you. If you’re a first time user of cannabis edibles and unsure of which edible to buy or what to expect from each, visit our product page for detailed descriptions of the various cannabis edibles available and the dosage requirements based on the guidelines we provided of 1.5 – 2.5 mg.