Over the recent years, vaping has become a very popular way for people to enjoy the benefits of THC and CBD.
Since the legalization of weed in Canada, you can spot people toking and vaping around every corner. From Vancouver and all the way to Halifax.
Disposable vapes are even more popular because of their ease of use and also the fact that they can be very discreet as well. Not just from sight but also in reducing strong burning smells.
Disposable vapes work on the principles of using the vape for a short period of time and then throwing it away, or getting a reusable and rechargeable vape (that’s also disposable) and then throwing it after the product begins to decay.
Vaping in general is about the heating of the substance into a vapour. The main characteristics of vapes are that they do not combust the material. Instead, the material becomes a vapour and this minimizes the risk of carcinogens.
How Long Does a Vape Pen Usually Last?
Disposable vapes are initially a more cost-effective product than reusable vape pens. However, they do not last long, and in the long run, the expense can add up. There are pros and cons to both, and your best bet is to opt for the longest-lasting disposable vape pens.
How do you know which is the longest lasting vape pens? In this article, we discuss the benefits of disposable vape pens and which the longest lasting ones are.
The average cost of a quality disposable vape pen is around $50 and they typically contain around 500 mg of THC. Obviously, it depends on how much you consume, but the vape pen can run out quickly, even if you just have 50mg a day.
So, it’s only natural that you want to find a vape pen that’s easy to get going with but will also last a long time. But before you do, consider that the overall longevity will rest on a couple of factors.
How often you use it, and the percentage of cannabinoids (the content of CBD/THC or other cannabinoids) should be considered when it comes to a disposable vape pen’s life expectancy. Pens that have a high cannabinoid content can be more efficient and last longer. So, you can see that with disposable vape pens, purchasing a quality pen will take you further than the cheapest one you can find.
Another interesting point to note is that the average vape pen has 200 tokes or inhalations. On pens that have as much as 500 mg, there is more to gain. On pens that only have around 150mg, there will be a little less on offer. So, when we are considering long-lasting pens, the trick is to purchase a pen with higher oil contained.
Again, it all comes down to the frequency of use. Those who are using vapes non-stop will find that the vape will last about three days. For those who are only occasional users, the vape could last for several years.
Longest Lasting Disposable Vape Pens
Diamond Disposable Vape (Rechargable)
The Diamond Concentrate disposable vape is a rechargeable pen and comes with a micro-USB charging point. It is made with Live Resin, distillate, and HTFSE. The Diamond brand is well known (and well-loved) for their premium pens.
These pens hold 1000 mg of oil and you will get approximately 200 puffs from the pen, which is undoubtedly on the longer-lasting side.
Haaze Disposable Vape (Rechargeable)
The Haaze disposable contains 500 mg THC and 0.5g CO2 Oil.
This vape is also rechargeable with is bonus points for being a longer lasting product from your one-time purchase. You just need to buy the refills.
It recharges easily, as simple as unscrewing the bottom and plugging it in. The vape uses a USB port and is available in six of the most popular strains, such as OG Kush, Sour Diesel, Wedding Cake and more!
When it comes to determining how long a disposable vape pen lasts, the quality of the pen is essential. Because the Haaze is a premium craft cannabis product offering no less than 500 mg of THC, you can expect this pen to last for at least 150 puffs.
Kleenex Disposable Vape (Not Rechargable)
If you are looking for a sleek vape pen that offers you discretion and style. The KleerX Vape is regularly tested at 71.20% THC content.
When it comes to determining how long the vape pen will last, we look at the amount of oil contained in the product and how many puffs you could get from it.
The 500 mg KleerX disposable pen should last approximately 150 seconds of total inhalation time or 150 puffs, which could work out to a couple of days or months, depending on how often you toke and how deep the toke is too.
In general, KleerX is one of our longer-lasting disposable vapes but it is not rechargeable so please take that into consideration. If a rechargeable vape is important for you, then we’d encourage you to spend a bit more and get the ones from Diamond Vapes or Haaze.
Disposable Vape Pens
Some people find disposable vape pens more efficient and convenient than rechargeable-reusable vape pens, or vice versa. If you are unsure, check out the following pros and cons of each.
- An affordable upfront product
- Pre-charged and no charging necessary before use
- Convenient to use since they’re usually quite small and discreet
- Easy to use, some are hand-less and activate on inhalation
- It can work out to be more of a cost in the long run
- Because it is disposable, you cannot change the cartridge
- Not eco friendly
- Does not offer a stronger option with the draws or the hits.
Reusable Vape Pens
- The draws can be more powerful
- You can change the cartridge to your taste preferences
- Can be more environmentally sustainable
- It works out cheaper in the long run
- Need to remember to charge it
- It can be more costly initially, but very little in the general scope of things. Depending on how high of a quality rechargeable vape pen you purchase.
Factors To Look For When Buying Disposable Vape Pens
- The amount of oil that’s included will tell you how many puffs are available.
- Always choose quality, over quantity though. Find a happy medium when it comes to pricing. Vapes, such as the three above, that are reasonably priced yet offer premium quality are the ones to go for.
- Choose products made from more sustainable materials and brands with some environmental responsibility when it comes to waste.
- A brand that allows your to replace the cartridge is going to be your best bet for reusability.
- Find a vape pen that is free of Vitamin E acetone and stresses being free from harmful solvents, such as this one from Straight Goods
- Consider what type of heating element you want to have. A ceramic heating element is a perfect option for a smooth and clean smoke.
Why Do Some People Prefer Vaping?
When vapes first came out, quite a few people used vaping to make the shift from regular cigarettes. Fewer people use vaping to move away from regular joints and instead prefer vaping for a wide variety of reasons. Some of these reasons are that they like the way the vapour comes out of their mouth in a thick cloud of smoke. Other people prefer vaping for others reasons, such as the fact that it is not as smelly as cigarettes.
According to this report, regular cigarettes contain more toxins than the average vape pen or electronic vaporizer. What’s more, the report goes on to explain how vapes can be a healthier alternative to traditional cigarettes and can be used as a help to break the habit.
Let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons of vaping which further explains why some people prefer vaping.
Pros & Cons of Vaping
A simple online search will show a mixed bag of opinions about vaping. While there are many people on the pro side of vaping, citing the various health benefits of vaping, there are just as many new articles that tout the negative aspects of vapes. Although most of these have to do with tobacco vaping, not cannabis vaping, there are some important thoughts you may want to be informed about.
- According to the Royal College of Physicians, vaping is safer than smoking cigarettes. The Royal College of Physicians is a prestigious organization that comprises of almost 35,000 doctors from all across the globe. According to the organization, vaping is as much as 95% safer than regular nicotine cigarettes. The research indicates that the lack of combustion with vaping is what makes it that much safer. Because there is no combustion involved with vapes, there is no ash to worry about. And even more important is that there is no tar either. According to this research, it seems vaping offers a healthier alternative to smoking. This helps people to gain from the health benefits of cannabis without suffering from the negative effects of smoking. By avoiding combustion and the negative impacts thereof, users can bypass the negative effects on skin health, lung capacity, oral hygiene, and it’s better for your taste and smell senses.
- One of the most popular ‘pros’ with vaping is that the vape pens do not emit odors like cigarettes. The environment is, therefore, cleaner, and it is safer too. Although you may detect an aroma from flavoured vape pens, the odour is certainly not as pungent as the smell of burning tobacco.
- When you choose to use a vape with nicotine, you are able to have control over just how much nicotine you want. You can select a pen or refillable vape with specific strengths whether you want to opt for a full-strength, medium, or nicotine-free puff. If users are looking at cutting out nicotine, the vapes offer a way to phase out the addictive substance. Users that are used to high nicotine levels can start with a full-blown strength setting and gradually phase down until they are used to lower strength vapes. Eventually, a user could work their way to a nicotine-free vape pen altogether. But this particular ‘pro’ isn’t about quitting nicotine. It’s more about the option of controlling the amount of nicotine and gradually reducing it if users choose. With regular cigarettes, this option doesn’t really exist.
Although Vaping is touted as a safer alternative to smoking, it would be untrue to say that vaping is completely safe, with no risks. Here we list a few of the cons, which also seep into the safety and precautions aspect of vaping.
- Disposable vapes are not sustainable or eco-friendly. Choose vape pens made with sustainable materials from companies that reuse and repurpose as much as possible.
- There have been many reports of issues with batteries. There are some safety precautions that can help prevent this issue.
- For e cigs, if nicotine is present, then there will be drawbacks. Nicotine in vapes can cause gum disease, which, if not treated, could worsen and become painful conditions.
In general, we always consider battery life and quality when it comes to presenting any products in front of you.
Safety And Precautions About Heat
Be Careful of Batteries and Overheating. Accidents result from foolish errors. Do not leave the battery or the vape in a hot car or anywhere in direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time.
Similarly, if you feel the mod overheating, then you should avoid using it or remove it from sunlight. Give your mod a chance to cool down, or you could risk your mod harming you when you inhale.
Why Buy Disposable Vape Pen Online From Kootenay Botanicals?
Kootenay Botanicals offer premium quality at competitive prices. We are a company focused on craft cannabis and offer safe and secure products with discretion.
The Kootenay mantra is to keep customers happy and to do that we offer premium craft cannabis vapes at competitive prices.
Disposable vape pens typically last for 150 seconds worth of inhalation, or 150 puffs. This will be dependent on a variety of factors, but the most important is always purchase quality and also a larger quantity of oil.
The vape pens above range from 1000 – 500 milligrams of cannabis oil. Which is on the higher range of sizes.
There are many reasons to bring in a disposable vape pen into your cannabis habits. Aside from cleanliness and convenience, they are a safer alternative too.
If you are looking for some spice in your life, it might be time to go craft and pick up one of our recommended disposable vape pens above today!
Most of our products are made in British Columbia too! 🇨🇦